Realdania is working to create quality of life through the built environment. All projects are aimed at benefiting the common good. As a rule projects should be new, not initiated before Realdania's involvement. We distinguish between focus projects and flagship projects, which are more prominent.
The projects fall within one of three strategic focus areas, and Flagships usually span over more than one:
The city: Improved quality
The construction industry: Greater efficiency
The building heritage: Preservation through reuse
Furthermore projects should:
- Make a difference in the built environment
- Display merit in terms of demonstration and dissemination of knowledge
- Generate new knowledge or new experience
- Embody or advance architectural quality
- Be economically sustainable – also in the long term
The flagships underline how Realdania operates strategically. They are large, visible projects with significance extending beyond the here and now. The projects will often be financially substantial and they are typically organized in cooperation or partnerships with others.